Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jon Heidemann answers questions posed at the last meeting...

The question brought up during the meeting was if his clinic was to be 5 separate days or 5 days in a row.  From his email it sounds like he can tailor just about anything to fit us.  Sounds like a great experience.  I'm up for a little training if anyone else is.

Here's the email from Jon -

Hello all,

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to this meeting as I was in Colorado Springs, CO over the weekend at a USA Cycling Camp Managers Meeting making decisions on how best to identify talent in our nations young competitive cyclists and a productive way to develop that talent.  However, your meeting seemed full of purposeful content with lots of discussion that impacts cycling in, around and throughout Gering & Scottsbluff.  You may not realize this but your planning, conversations with local leaders are laying down a framework in which to manage these same issues in other western Nebraska towns and communities (ie, Sidney, Chadron, etc).  I’m thrilled this is happening.

As I was skimming the meeting notes, I saw you all had questions regarding the scope of my prospective camp I offered.  I can offer many versions of a camp for this group but I think one idea I was milling over was a multi-day (in a row) camp that offered BOTH road and mtn disciplined activity.
With limited single track trail access in Scottsbluff/Gering, I suggest a weekend get away to Lakewood, Colorado.  This area offers ample road and mtn trail usage as well access to classroom space for training topics (nutrition, body mechanics, bike mechanics (not the persons but the actual concept), training concepts & event preparation. I can even arrange for massage therapist to be on call for those interested.

So in a nutshell, 3-4 day weekend (Thurday/Friday~Sunday), multi-discipline (bring both road and mtn, if you’d like), tons of scenery, great food. Lodging would be on a local  college campus apartment based type with its own kitchen & showers.  We would hit three -four significant rides during this time frame (both road and mtn) with post ride recovery and talks that covered topics you have some option of choosing (basically, I send you a list of 8 topics, you choose 4 or we choose 4 of the most popular).
If this sounds interesting, let me know and I can get you a per person estimate.


Cheers!


Jon Heidemann


No comments:

Post a Comment